Glow Up: How To Level Up Your Skincare Game
The best foundation you can wear is glowing healthy skin. Glowing up is much more than having a shining skin, it’s investing in your skin because it will represent you for a very long time. Now, the question is: How can I glow up? Is it necessary? What then does it take to glow up?
Glowing Up simply means being dedicated to yourself, staying focused on improving your wellness, health, looks, and mental strength in order to look and feel your absolute best. Knowing yourself a little better can help build self confidence which will make you stronger and more likely to succeed.
Glowing Up is not just about feeling good. There’s also looking good, looking presentable, and looking fabulous. Taking care of your skin is also part of glowing up. When you feel good about your skin, it affects how you look. It also helps you present yourself in a great way and attract people who will truly value you.
Let’s go in-depth on how to get your skin to glow up, its benefits and product recommendations to get you started. Shall we?
Your skin is one of the first things that people notice about you and having glowing skin gives you an edge. This is why a skin care routine is recommended. A skin care routine is the range of practices that support skin integrity, enhances skin appearance and relieves skin conditions. They can include nutrition, avoiding excessive sun exposure and appropriate use of emollients.
Benefits of Having a Skin Care Routine
- It helps you look great. We see how you admire people who have beautiful skin. Truth is, you can have that too.
- It gives you a confidence boost. When you look good, you feel good.
- It keeps the skin healthy, which in turn keeps you healthier.
- The results can be exponential once you stick to it.
- Taking care of your skin now can save you lots of money in the long run.
- It encourages you to adopt other healthy routines and an overall healthy lifestyle.
Steps to A Skin Care Routine
1. Drink water daily to stay hydrated: A glowing skin is a hydrated skin. Health experts commonly recommend 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 litres, or half a gallon a day.
Water keeps your body hydrated, refreshed and helps maintain your skin's elasticity. People who drink large amounts of water are less likely to suffer from scars, wrinkles and soft lines, they won't show as many signs of ageing as those who drink little amounts of water.
Also, consuming an adequate amount of water will help you renew your skin and maintain the optimum skin moisture. It will ensure that the essential nutrients in your body get circulated to the skin cells.
2. Clean your face: Cleansing helps your skin ward off dirt, excess oil, makeup residue and dead skin cells. It also prepares your skin for the glow up you need. We have a range of healthy cleansers you can pick from. Pomegranate & Honey 2-in-1 Face Scrub & Cleanser is a good choice and a good place to start from.
Benefits of Facial Cleansing:
- Removes Make-up
- Removes excess oil
- Cleans pores
- Gives radiant skin
- Allows skin to breathe.
A daily skin care routine after cleansing follows a step of exfoliating, toning and moisturising. However, do all three according to your skin type.
3. Exfoliating removes dead skin cells from the outer layers of the skin. It can be beneficial for removing dry or dull skin, increasing blood circulation, as well as brightening, and improving your skin's appearance.
4. A toner gently refreshes the skin without stripping it of its natural moisture. This means toners won't irritate sensitive skin or cause excessive dryness. Toners also prepare the skin to absorb your post-cleansing moisturiser and any other skin treatments that you may apply.
5. Moisturising your skin reduces your chances of any skin problems. Facial moisturizers help balance your skin's complexion and prevent acne breakouts.
A glowing healthy skin is indeed the best foundation to wear. We have everything you need to build a healthy skincare routine and have glowing skin. Visit our online beauty store today.